- Coordinate the treatment of patients diagnosed with any type of cancer with the patient’s medical team.
- Hematologic malignancies are usually associated with an increased susceptibility for developing infections, which may require antibiotic prophylaxis, and may also induce impaired hemostasis.
- Patients receiving chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy require special dental protocol considerations.
- Classifications and treatment strategies have been developed for patients taking intravenous bisphosphonates.
- Recognize different oral lesions associated with cancers and cancer therapy (see below, Images).
| Drugs/ drug|
See Medical Complexity Status for more information.
- Medical Disorders
- Oral Health Care Considerations