- Recognize and address signs and symptoms, and comorbid conditions associated with hyper-and hypothyroid states.
- Establish thyroid status.
- No contraindications for dental care.
⚠️ Avoid medications such as aspirin and barbiturates
- Address possible oral dryness due to salivary gland enlargement
- Address complaints of dysgeusia
- Anticipate possible prolonged healing
⚠️ Provide only emergency dental care
⚠️ Avoid the use of epinephrine
- Be aware of increased susceptibility to caries
- Address complaints of burning mouth syndrome
- Be aware of possible progressive periodontal disease
| Drugs/ drug|
See Medical Complexity Status for more information.